Saturday 17 May 2014

Leeds Alphabet // Photography and photo editing

 This is one of the first times I've been able to use a high quality digital SLR to capture the imagery I will use in a design, I found out that by using the raw files option then you get a much higher quality of photography, this is what I used while photographing the typography around Leeds.

Once I had collected all the required photographs I then went onto editing them , this is when I discovered that by using 'Camera raw' which is a Photoshop add-on you have a great deal of control over editing your raw images.

By using this i was was both able to edit my photographs to enhance them and it was also a great aid when I was trying to individually extract a letter from a photograph, I could greyscale it and turn up the contrast and black settings and this made cutting out each letter very quick and accurate.



Here are a few examples of my final edited photographs, I have tried to get rich deep colours so that once they are placed into the publication they will create the main element of colour, which will also allow originality on each spread.








No comments:

Post a Comment